Sunday, August 14, 2011

Meet the Teacher Gifts!

With 3 kids in school of some sort (daycare or elementary) this year we have a lot of teachers to meet in the next few weeks. I decided that I wanted to make something that was A) cute B) inexpensive and C) homemade. I have seen things that are similar and decided to put them all together with my own little twist. I started off with a dollar store vase, big lollipops (also from the dollar store), jolly ranchers (for their colors), and some colored pencils (Crayola, of course) and some dowel rods with ribbon.
After experimenting with rubber bands and zip ties, I went ahead and hot glued the colored pencils on the vase. It was MUCH sturdier this way. The lollipop sticks were very short, so I attached them to a dowel rod and wrapped them up with some ribbon. Then I just filled the vase with some Jolly Rancher candy and put the lollipops in, and topped it off with a few more pieces of candy.
I printed out the little card and attached it with ribbon to the outside. I like the fun, colorful look and just how quick and easy these were to make.


1 comment: